First, happy new year everyone!
Thinking of my dear readership, I made this simple tip to start the first day of the year on the right foot.
To cure a hangover, it is important to eat lightly during the day, increase fluid intake and use a hangover remedy, such as Engov, or a headache remedy, such as Dipyrone, for example. Thus, it is possible to prevent hangover symptoms from interfering with the daily routine.
Although there are tips to cure a hangover, it is always preferable to prevent a hangover from happening, it is recommended to use the drink moderately and mix the alcoholic drink with a glass of water and take food.
Some tips that help relieve hangover symptoms faster include:
- Drink 2 cups of sugar-free black coffee, because coffee reduces the swelling of blood vessels that cause headaches and helps the liver to metabolize its toxins;
- Drink plenty of water, because alcohol causes dehydration, so drink several glasses of water throughout the day;
- Drink natural fruit juice, because these juices contain a type of sugar called fructose that helps the body burn alcohol faster. A large glass of orange or tomato juice will also help speed up the removal of alcohol from the body;
- Eat honey crackers, because honey also has a concentrated form of fructose, which helps eliminate alcohol from the body;
- Drinking vegetable soup, which helps to replenish the salt and potassium that the body lost during alcohol consumption, fighting a hangover;
- Intersperse a glass of water between each alcoholic beverage and drink water before going to sleep, and when you wake up have a cup of strong coffee, without sugar.
Foods that can improve malaise are apples, melons, peaches, grapes, tangerines, lemons, cucumbers, tomatoes, garlic, onions and ginger.
Why does the hangover happen?
A hangover is caused by drinking too much alcohol. To be eliminated by the body, alcohol has to be transformed in the liver into acetic acid, and for that it has to be transformed first into acetaldehyde, which is even more toxic than alcohol. As the liver takes a long time to make this transformation, alcohol and acetaldehyde continue to circulate in the body until they are transformed into acetic acid.
Acetaldehyde is a toxic substance that is deposited in various organs of the body, exerting toxicity and thus causing hangover symptoms. In addition, during the metabolism of an excess of alcohol, the body does not release blood sugar in fasting situations as efficiently as possible, which can cause hypoglycemia. Alcohol also causes more water to be eliminated, which can also cause dehydration.
How to drink without getting a hangover?
To prevent a hangover, it is recommended not to drink too much, but you can also drink 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil a few hours before drinking and always mix 1 glass of alcoholic beverage with 1 glass of water. Other tips are:
- Never drink on an empty stomach and always drink 1 glass of water or natural fruit juice between each serving of alcoholic beverage;
- Take 1 g of activated charcoal before consuming alcoholic beverages;
- Eat something with fat, like a piece of yellow cheese, for example, between each glass of drink.
Resultados de tradução
Enjoy the new year and enjoy the first day of the year without a hangover!